Compassionate Communication: Crossing the Bridge to Connection
“The Sacred Space we Relate within. There, is where we will meet.” – Anonymous
This interactive communication workshop will give you the tools and formula to begin to re-pattern your language and tap into your heart's emotional intelligence.
Do you find yourself note being heard? Not being understood? Do you notice that you are not a very good listener and your partner gets upset with you in frustration. Feeling less than you are because someone else is speaking over your story with advise that was not invited. Finding yourself closing down when the person your sharing your emotionial experience is trying to fix things instead of listening. Do you want to understand when you are not being heard why there is a confrontation or why you go quite or why you get up and leave feeling frustrated, angry and want to just sit in a corner by yourself and let the tears out alone.
The Compassionate Communication workshop will address the above experiences and concerns and questions. You will learn the and understand the power of language. Learn how to notice the sensate and visual ques within your body to allow for an emotional expression. Bring insight to the different ways in which we process and express ourselves. Practice conscious compassionate communication tools, formula and style of re-framing with yourself and your fellow workshop attendees.
“The Sacred Space we Relate within. There, is where we, will meet.” – Anonymous The sacred space between us is the place where we can meet without all the filters of past imprinting, limiting beliefs, conditioning, disconnection, narratives and emotionally charged negative experiences.
You are invited to explore conscious mindful heartfelt awareness and presence. See what it looks like, sounds like and feels like to move towards a quality connection with yourself and everyone in your life.
The workshop is based on the Non-Violent Communication (NVC) created by Marshall Rosenberg and a branch of NVC: Compassionate Communication.
Recommended Video View prior to Workshop: TEDxTelAviv – Hedy Schleifer – The Power of Connection. SEE BELOW VIDEO LINK. Uploaded on Jul 13, 2010: Clinical psychologist and a couple and relationship therapy expert, Hedy Schleifer “crosses the bridge” with TEDxTelAviv audience and brings laughter and passion to the adventure of learning the art of listening. The space, the bridge and the encounter. The 3 Invisible connectors.
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone, whether single/solo or in a partnership or a group of friends. All are welcome and celebrated.
Testimonials from past attendees ...
- “I loved the structure of the workshops. The instructor was well prepared, organized, and we were actively learning with all 5 senses from the beginning. I loved the openness of the other participants. I loved how calm and free of judgement the instructor was. I learned that by being more present with myself in the presence of my partner, I can experience so much more and give her so much more. I also was reminded how much we can experience in any activity by being present.”
- “That we are all on our path and levels of enlightenment. We must respect our differences regardless of those levels and that eventually every rose will blossom, or something like that.”
- “That my pleasure is important. Eye gazing is powerful. Movement/energy has effect/consequence. Breathing together is powerful. Being present is KEY.”
- “The variety of ideas to use. I learned to savor the movement – techniques in general. The value of eye contact.”
- “I liked the delivery method, and the realization that this can be applied to everything in life.”
- Wednesday, May 23, 2017 from 7:30pm-9:00pm
Deadline to register by email is the day before the workshop@6pm
Location: OCTCM: (Ontario College of Traditional Chinese Medicine) 283 Spadina Avenue and Dundas Street (3rd Floor), Toronto, Ontario
(Please Note: Emails are not reviewed on the day of the workshop).
PLEASE NOTE: There are limited seats and in fairness to everyone, your spot is guaranteed once paid for. Because of this, all sales on workshops are FINAL.